The President of the Republic of South Sudan is the head of the Government of South Sudan and the Commander-in-Chief of the Sudan Peoples' Liberation Army (SPLA). He represents the will of the people and exercises the powers invested in the office of the President of the Republic of South Sudan by the Transitional Constitution of South Sudan. The current President of the Republic of South Sudan is Salva Kiir Mayardit.
The current Vice President is Dr. Riek Machar Teny.
In addition, there are seven Presidential Advisors.
South Sudan also has a Legislative Branch consisting of the Legislative Assembly as well as a Judiciary Branch consisting of the Supreme Court of South Sudan, Courts of Appeal, High Courts, Country Courts, and other courts or Tribunals as deemed necessary to be established
The Government of the Republic of South Sudan has also instituted several commissions and chambers to support its service to the people of the Republic of South Sudan and beyond.
Ministries of South Sudan:
1. Ministry of Cabinet Affairs
2. Ministry of Defence and Veteran Affairs
3. Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation
4. Minister, Office of the President
5. Minister for National Security, Office of the President
6. Ministry of Justice
7. Ministry of Interior
8. Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs
9. Ministry of Finance and Economic Planning
10. Ministry of Labour, Public Service and Human Resource Development
11. Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Investment
12. Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
13. Ministry of Health
14. Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry
15. Ministry of Roads and Bridges
16. Ministry of Transport
17. Ministry of General Education and Instruction
18. Ministry of Higher Education, Science and Technology
19. Ministry of Environment
20. Ministry of Housing and Physical Planning
21. Ministry of Telecommunication and Postal Services
22. Ministry of Petroleum and Mining
23. Ministry of Electricity and Dams24. Ministry of Gender, Child and Social Welfare
24. Ministry of Gender, Child and Social Welfare
25. Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs and Disaster Management
26. Ministry of Water Resources and Irrigation
27. Ministry of Wildlife Conservation and Tourism
28. Ministry of Animal Resources and Fisheries
29. Ministry of Culture, Youth and Sports
Barely two years old, South Sudan is joining the modern world by emphasizing the role of digital media in its international politics. It is with this emphasis that the Embassy of the Republic of South Sudan in Washington DC has decided to go digital in hopes of providing basic information and answers to some of the frequently asked questions regarding South Sudan.
South Sudan is ready to make its imprint in the digital world and the launch of this website is a major step towards achieving that goal.
Akec Khoc Aciew
In August 2010, South Sudanese were invited to compose a national anthem.
After three rounds of competition, University of Juba students won with their lyrics titled "South Sudan Oyee" (Hurray)